J. Edward Ingram (1946 – 2000)

JEdwardIngram
Edward Ingram graduated from the University of Kentucky in 1969. While there he played defensive line for the University on athletic scholarship. He graduated from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 1972.

Eddie practiced law in Knoxville for over twenty-eight years. In 1982 he co-founded the firm of Robertson, Williams, Ingram, Faulkner & Overbey with Claude Robertson and Doug Overbey. Eddie was a member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers and began his work in public finance in 1978.

He was the leading legal force behind the creation of Educational Funding of the South, the successor to Volunteer State Student Funding Corporation. Working with Knox County governmental officials, Eddie was instrumental in the creation of the Development Corporation of Knox County. He provided legal services for such notable projects as the City-County Building and Andrew Johnson Building refinancing in the 1990’s, the Thompson-Boling Arena, the Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame, and the new Tennessee Smokies Baseball Stadium in Sevier County.

Eddie served as Bond Counsel for many years to Knox County, West Knox Utility District and dozens of other cities and counties throughout Tennessee.